You studied abroad. Guess what? Your study abroad experience doesn’t have to end. Join us and continue to share your experience abroad with your classmates as a Diversity Abroad Global Ambassador. Below you will find further details about the Diversity Abroad Global Ambassador internship program.
The application process is the following:
1. Complete the Diversity Abroad Global Ambassadors internship application and submit a photo of you (which will be used for your profile) from your time overseas to Antonio, email@example.com.
2. Once we review your application if you’re a fit we’ll contact you to discuss the internship in more detail.
3. You’ll receive training from Diversity Abroad on how to effectively promote study abroad to students on your campus and in your community. You will begin your position during the start of the spring semester.
- Recommended by Study Abroad Office
- Spent the Summer, Semester or Year Study Abroad
- Preferred member of underrepresented group
- Passion for study abroad
- Attend study abroad, graduate school, career-related and or cultural / diversity event on campus
- Gather student questionnaires and speak with 3 university staff/faculty per semester visit, establish classroom visits, and info session, etc.
- Hang Diversity Abroad posters on your campus, if permissible
- Participate in other promotional activities
- Serve as a reference source for prospective students interested in the study abroad destination you lived and your experience
- Submit photos/video to alumni photo contest
- Participate in Diversity Abroad social media campaign on Facebook and Twitter
- Provide Diversity Abroad with testimonials/ quotes we can use on website and for various marketing endeavors
- Attending and/or initiating campus events
- Student Panel Discussions
- Student Organization Events
- Study abroad and internship fairs
- Classroom presentations and information sessions
- Submit articles campus newspaper
- Work closely with study abroad office
- Visit three local high school
- You will review the Diversity Abroad website in detail and be prepared with questions from students, staff and faculty at your university
- A Diversity Abroad Representative will contact you to discuss your responsibilities including brainstorming ideas, campus engagement and scheduling campus visits
- Diversity Abroad Global Ambassador’s t-shirt
- An introduction to the field of international education
- Top performing Global Ambassadors will be highlighted in Diversity Abroad Newsletter
- Fantastic resume-builder – can put Diversity Abroad Global Ambassador Internship as work/volunteer experience
- Certificate from Diversity Abroad and priority consideration for open part-time and full-time positions and letter of reference
- $75 Visa Gift card